We are seeking to appoint a Finance & Project Support Officer with financial management and administration experience to maintain our operational processes required to deliver, monitor and review our organisations programmes. The post holder will be responsible for working with the team, Board of Trustees, and freelancers to ensure that:
- The financial administration of our work through the creation, administration and monitoring of budgets and systems is in line with our agreed aims and objectives
- We efficiently report on financial matters as required, liaising with our Accountants and Finance Committee in the preparation of required and requested analysis and documentation
- The team are supported with operational, administrative and evaluation procedures for the successful delivery of our programmes
This position is ideally suited to someone with financial management experience, strong administrative skills, and a passion for the performing arts to join our team on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- A good general education and relevant qualifications to fulfil the role
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations and procedures
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent analytic and numerical skills
- A good multi-tasker, who can time-manage effectively and be flexible to changing project demands
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong organisation skills
- Fundraising experience
- A passion for in the performing arts
- Good knowledge of Dumfries & Galloway
For more information – please download our job description below:
If you require further information prior to applying, please contact our General Manager, Lou Davies: email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9th May, with the following information:
- An up to date CV
- A completed application form below,
- We request you fill in a voluntary Equality, Diversity & Inclusion form: https://forms.gle/MZK33p3VLqP38Md18
We welcome applications in alternative formats, such as BSL, Braille, sound or video recording or transcribed by phone. We have a budget for removing barriers you might face to apply and to perform the role. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this in more detail or submit your application by phone.
As a rural organisation, working in an urban-centric performance sector, we recognise the urgent need to centre the work of marginalised people as an essential act for achieving equality in society. Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival is especially welcoming of applications who face marginalisation, including D/deaf and/or disabled people, LGBTQIA+ people, women, people of colour, working-class, and people from any related background or identity. If you feel you are often excluded from opportunities, we would like to hear from you and support you.
If you would like to discuss your application before you submit, please contact us and someone from our team will get back to you by email: email@example.com
All application received are entered into our administration system and circulated to a panel, comprising of our General Manager, Strategic & Creative Director and a representative from Lowland Accounting. They will review the applications, create a shortlist and invite to interview.
During the shortlisting, they will assess each application based on whether the application meets the essential criteria to fulfil this role. We have a clear and robust recruitment policy which is based on a fair and open access process that is in line with our equal opportunities policy. No decisions will b e made prior to application deadline.
All applicants will be informed of their application outcome by Friday 20th May via email or by phone call.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
Deadline: Monday 9th May 2022
Selection Meeting: w/c 9th May 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th May 2022
Decision Date: Friday 20th May 2022
Enquiry Contact: Lou Davies, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org