Young Musicians of DG, this one is for you!
How would you like to write a CHOON, record your CHOON and then GEEZ A CHOON as a professional musician performing at events round Dumfries and Galloway?
If your answer is AYE, then we can help!
In partnership with STOMPING GROUND CREATIVE, our brand new project GEEZ A CHOON will take you through the complete process of writing, producing, recording and releasing new music, whilst helping you to find your audience through access to paid performance opportunities in your local area and beyond, at some of the most unique events coming to our region.
Starting in January 2024, we will offer young musicians/groups between the ages of 15-25 the chance to undertake this process and take a step in to the big bad world of the professional music industries. It’s not as daunting as you might think, and we’re here to help.
Each young musician will be mentored throughout 2024 with access to paid performance opportunities at key points in the year at our events including The Gallovidian Gathering, which has seen much success since our first event in May 2023.
We will hook you up with industry professionals to equip you with everything you need to take the next step in your musical career and support you to make the best new music you possibly can!
Sound like a plan? Let’s do it!
If you want to take the next step, we would love to hear from you.
Please send an email to Liam at email@example.com by the 13th December with some information on:
- Your name and age?
- Why you want to take part in this project?
- How being a part of GEEZ A CHOON 2024 will help you get to the next stage of your musical career?
- Any links to social media accounts/music that you have related to your music (If you do not have these it’s absolutely no problem. We can help you to set all of this up!)
If you need support putting together an application, send us an email to the address above, or give us a call on 01387 259 627. Spaces are limited so please don’t hesitate to get in touch and apply.
- Applications open – 23rd November 2023
- Application deadline – 13th December 2023
- Decision Date – 20th December 2023
- Project commences – 15th January 2024